Friday, July 29, 2011

2 Black Women Make History By Running NYPD Precinct

 

NEW YORK-Female African American police officers, Deputy Inspector Juanita Holmes and Capt. Vanessa Kight have made history by becoming the first top cops to command a city precinct. The New York Daily News reports:

“When I got the call, I was really quite surprised to learn I was making history. I was just looking for someone to do the job,” Holmes said of Kight’s appointment. “I’m very grateful to have her.”

Holmes, one of just three African-American female deputy inspectors on the force, was made commander of the 81st Precinct stationhouse in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, a year ago. She celebrated her 24th anniversary with the NYPD yesterday.

Read The Whole Story

2 Black Women Make History By Running NYPD Precinct
Casey Gane-McCalla, Lead Blogger
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:15:12 GMT

No comments: